How Can We Help?
My VIZpin Smartkeys are dim green
Your VIZpin Smartkeys will be bright green when the app can see the VIZpin reader’s Bluetooth signal.
The Smartkeys will be dim if the app cannot locate the reader. Most often this is because you are simply too far from the reader but it may also occur for other reasons.
Try the steps below to fix dim keys.
- Tap the square(s) at the bottom of your phone to open the Recent Apps list
- Tap the ‘X’ or swipe away all apps shown
- Open Android Settings and locate Bluetooth
- Turn Bluetooth off and on
- Open Android Settings -> Apps -> VIZpin SMART -> Permissions. Confirm Location permissions have been allowed.
- Ensure that the Location function is actually enabled. Confirm this by pulling down from top of your phone and locate the Location icon – this looks similar to the Google Map pin.
- Open the iPhone’s recent app list
Display this list by quickly double-pressing the Home button (older models) or swiping up from the bottom of the screen
- Swipe up on each app to remove it from the list
- Open iOS settings
- Tap Bluetooth
- Swipe the On/Off button to the disable Bluetooth – the button will be grey
- Swipe the button again to re-enable Bluetooth – the button will be green
- Close the iOS Settings app
- Open the VIZpin SMART app and tap a VIZpin Smartkey to unlock the door
If this does not fix your issue, speak with the building manager to check if the VIZpin reader is powered on and that other app users can unlock the door.